Dynamic Geometry Modules
Investigation 2: Special Quadrilaterals
Sketch 1: Parallelograms can be constructed using any of the definitions of their properties:
- A quadrilateral with two pair of opposite sides congruent
- A quadrilateral with two pair of opposite sides parallel
- A quadrilateral with one pair of opposite sides congruent and parallel
- A quadrilateral with two diagonals that bisect each other
- A quadrilateral with adjacent angles that are supplementary
Which of these do you think was used to create the parallelogram shown below?
Sketch 2: How was this kite constructed? Move the points before you click in the box.
Sketch 3: How was this trapezoid constructed? Are all kites considered parallelograms? Why or why not?